leonardo

adventure and absurdity in making an animated short

Saturday, December 09, 2006

storyboarding: initial thoughts

"Leonardo" went through about three different periods of boarding. The first, dipicted here, consisted of thumbnailing out my first ideas. Just getting something down and out of my head. I did this in my notebook, editing with post-it notes. They are quite a jumble. Looking at them years later even I had trouble figuring out what the hell I meant with all those arrows.

Shown here is an idea for opening the short.
Leo rides his bicycle to a birdseller - Releases a bird the birdseller is trying to sell him, much to the sellers surprise - After paying for the bird Leo chases after it to study it. Enjoy.





4 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Wow these are great Jim! Can't wait to see more!!

Keep em coming!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Spears said...

Thanks for posting these Jim, what medium do you use to sketch your more finished boards...and what size of frame do you like to work with?

-Jeremy

10:59 AM  
Blogger monkeyfeather said...

Cool to see your process.

8:13 AM  
Blogger warren said...

Fun stuff! Your arrows remind me of my own mess of thumbnails I'm trying to tie down for work...

The characterizationn of the bird is interesting. I wonder where it will lead...?

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


buy unique gifts at Zazzle